Vogue Festival 2013

The 27th & 28th April 2013 are dates I have had in my diary for what seems like forever. It's quite safe to safe I am 'Vogue obsessed'. The feeling I get from turning the pages in Vogue are enough to make my day, so you can imagine how I was feeling when the actual Vogue Festival arrived in London at The Southbank Centre this year. 

Weeks of outfit planning (I didn't get all frivolous and blow every penny on my outfit, don't worry) and I was so happy and comfortable in what I chose. I even lasted for 13 hours in heels. Yes, I said 13 hours. It wasn't a typo.

Myself and my fashion forward friend Abbie, booked to see Paul Smith and Alexa Chung at 3.15pm on the Saturday. After sprinting into the venue and past the one and only Susie Bubble, we only just made it in time. Travel stresses, you know how it goes!
The talk was actually so inspiring, Sir Paul Smith has got a lot of wisdom under his belt and he was a character with it. Alexa did a fab job on interviewing him and even brought us back down to earth when one of her replies to him was, "sick" with a nod of approval. She is amazing. I'm not going to reel off 20 quotes from him but one of the ones that I didn't have to write down because it stuck as soon as he said it was "Nobody cares how good you used to be, they only care about how good you are now". I thought this was pretty cool, and true as you can't live on your legacy forever, you need to keep it interesting and better than it ever was.

Now for the photos....I have been so excited to share these with you all!







I can't quite believe this, but, the photographer for Vogue invited me outside to take my photo that is up on the Vogue website in 'Street Chic'. As you can imagine, I was uncontrollable. Here is the link to the Street Chic page: My Street Chic look in Vogue
I'm wearing:
Shirt, jacket, bag, shoes-ZARA
Cigarette pants-TOPSHOP
yes,I love ZARA.
This beautiful braid was courtesy of the Braid Bar. Free hair styles! obviously I took advantage of it because I was having a bad hair day.


Vogue Cover Girl board


Cocktails (expensive ones!) at the Meila Hotel on the Strand. 
The beautiful Nikki & Charlotte. You can check out Charlotte's blog and Vogue Festival adventures here 
My gorgeous Abbie enjoying her far too expensive cocktail.
 This was the view from the Radio Rooftop bar at the Melia Hotel. Beautiful!


See you again next year Vogue Festival!
xx
You may also like:

Post a Comment

It means so much that you take the time to comment. I read every single one and will reply ASAP. If you would like a super fast answer to anything, you can always tweet me @lindseydholland. Thank you so much! xx

© Ropes of Holland. Design by MangoBlogs.