The Workbench London- Boxed

Last night I was invited along to The Hackney Shop take part in The Workbench, a genius collaboration between two of the most talented jewellery designers I've ever met, Kirstie Maclaren and Katie from Crux London. The concept allows you to design and create your very own ring. 

We were all given a beautifully presented box containing our essential ring making tools. The girls were on hand to help us all out throughout the process, but to be honest, they've made some pretty amazing, simple videos that explain how to get started. The idea is to use the knife to chip away at the wax ring until you're happy with the shape, then comes all manner of sanding and cutting!

The girls initially set it up so people could come along and get creative with their guidance and due to the success, they are now sending out these wonderful Workbench Boxes which allow you to do this at home! This is where those pretty nifty how-to videos come in handy.

The girls burst with passion for what they do and couldn't have helped me more- I was like that one child in class forever with her hand up!

All rings are silver, but can be plated in yellow or rose gold for a small extra fee.
I can't believe I actually made something I think I'll be proud of once its been made into gold! 
My boyfriend came along with me and he made me the most beautiful ring- I can't wait to see what his turns out like. The girls say the men always make incredible things and even couples go along to make each others wedding bands.

The Workbench is at The Hackney Shop all week, and have events running throughout this week/weekend so if you fancy it, get in touch with them. 

It really is London's best craft night.

Twitter: @theworkbenchldn
Instagram: @theworkbenchldn

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you manage to book a place!
xx
You may also like:

1 comment

  1. What an amazing sounding evening. I absolutely love courses like this. I've always wanted to try a bit of jewellery making! Hope you'll share some pictures of your makes when you get them back!
    xxx
    Chambray & Curls // Ethical Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

It means so much that you take the time to comment. I read every single one and will reply ASAP. If you would like a super fast answer to anything, you can always tweet me @lindseydholland. Thank you so much! xx

© Ropes of Holland. Design by MangoBlogs.