Getaway to SenSpa at Careys Manor, Hampshire

This time last weekend I was settling in at SenSpa, Careys Manor down in Hampshire with James. I was very lucky to have the opportunity to stay, eat and spa here. This place boasts beautiful, tranquil surrounds that are perfect for a quick UK getaway…and yes, I’m only 29, but, we all need a little break from time to time right?

We arrived at Careys Manor hotel which is very traditionally British both in it’s setting and décor. Open log fires roared in every lounge area, which might I add, had some pretty lust worthy sofas…the kind you sit on, and can’t get back up from, no matter what your age.
Our room was really traditional too and had the most amazing roof top terrace. Had it not been raining we’d have spent more time out there. It was so beautiful and we were surrounded by forest.

Lunch was in the Thai restaurant, Zen Garden and it was absolutely beautiful. James’ favourite food is Thai and he gave it a pretty good mouthful by mouthful review.  Our treatments were up next and this was the part I had literally been counting down to. The spa itself is by far, the most beautiful, peaceful space I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. Super modern; think, lighting to suit your mood, scents to calm or invigorate you and more pools than I knew what to do with, so naturally, we went into them all.

I had a Remedial Thai massage. Now, I’ve got a longstanding neck injury and for some reason (ahem, stress, I’m looking at you) it had been particularly bad over the couple of weeks leading up to this trip. I’ve got to tell you how incredible this treatment was. Yes, it was painful, yes, it was tough and I felt sore afterwards…but 48 hours later and I was literally 100% better. I’ve had a lot of massages over the years and I’m nearly always disappointed- this was the best massage I have ever had. There I said it.

James had an anti-aging facial. His first ever one…with his 32nd birthday looming, he thought it wise. His reports were also pretty amazing. He said he was really relaxed and his skin has never felt so good. I must admit, he did look a little bit glowy afterwards…but then maybe I’m just biased.
We both then had the opportunity to try a brand new treatment together: Alphasphere Deluxe. This is designed to be a deep relaxation treatment, which incorporates sound therapy, colour therapy and aromatherapy. Once we’d stopped giggling, because it really is a unique experience, we both soon drifted off into a pretty relaxed state that we didn’t really expect!
We were then whisked off to the French restaurant, Le Blaireau on site for a three course meal, and it was absolutely beautiful. I had mussels and steak but skipped dessert because I was about to burst…but James went all in for us both.

If you’d like to find out more about the treatments or the hotel, head to the website for more details. Oh! And if you take public transport to get there, you’ll get 10% off your stay.


Thank you so much for reading.
xx
You may also like:

Post a Comment

It means so much that you take the time to comment. I read every single one and will reply ASAP. If you would like a super fast answer to anything, you can always tweet me @lindseydholland. Thank you so much! xx

© Ropes of Holland. Design by MangoBlogs.