London Balance

Happy Tuesday guys! I hope you're battling the humidity with de-frizzing hair products and iced coffee!

I thought I would sit and update you all on whats what, because since moving to London, it's been such a whirlwind. As you know I moved here some time ago now to see how I felt about working in a more fashion directed environment, as opposed to my career as a Physiotherapist. I moved, I tried it, I made some great friends and connections but ultimately, the grass is never greener and I missed being a Physio and making positive change to peoples lives. I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to try it out, after all, it's what got me to London and London is my dream!

I have recently started my perfect job at a new hospital here in London as a Senior Physiotherapist. The team are wonderful and guess what....I only work four long days per week! Absolutely class! This is working out beautifully for me because it means that I often have two or three days to myself in the week, which is super important for building lovely relationships with other creatives in London. This is exactly how I have used my time this week and the balance couldn't be more perfect. I spent some time getting to know the amazing girls at Push PR (never visit their showroom, you won't want to leave, it's just too beautiful!) and they introduced me to some incredible brands....who I will introduce you to very soon! And then I had a meeting with my love, Rowan, at Aida in Shoreditch, and we made some very exciting plans- so watch this space.

What I'm trying to get across is that, you shouldn't live to work. Always find a way that you can enrich your life with inspiring things and positive people. Work hard, work together and create things you are proud of. Never do it for anyone but yourself- sounds like a Pintrest quote doesn't it! I promise I made it up!

Ask me anything you want about changing careers and finding a good balance because, without sounding like a humble bragger, I think I *might* just have found that perfect balance.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting me as always. Have a great week.
xx
You may also like:

7 comments

  1. congratulations on the new job! so good that you can now enjoy two things you are passionate about without having to sacrifice one

    also, that showroom is unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so wonderful to hear how happy you are now!! :)
    xx

    Vikki
    www.styleandminimalism.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you found out what you love doing and that you have found an even better dream job back in Physio. I left my job and managed two weeks thinking I wanted to work in a more fashion role and I am way more happy now with the balance of work and blogging. Looking forward to seeing more posts :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as my day job annoys me sometimes I think I'd miss it too if I changed. Glad your enjoying London though and sorted everything out
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is EXACTLY what I am struggling with. I work 5 full days (mon-fri) and miss out on so many opportunities because of this, working 4 days a week would be a DREAM! I just need to decided wether to take that leap of faith (and the pay cut)

    It's great to hear you've found a good balance. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh mate, well this was just a lovely little read! So proud and so happy for you bubs! Can't WAIT for Mondayyyyyyy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This make me happy! I'm made up for you! But.... Erm 4 days!?!? I'm jealous!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

It means so much that you take the time to comment. I read every single one and will reply ASAP. If you would like a super fast answer to anything, you can always tweet me @lindseydholland. Thank you so much! xx

© Ropes of Holland. Design by MangoBlogs.