Where to stay in Lisbon: Baixa House

A couple of weeks ago I went to Lisbon in Portugal for the first time as part of a very exciting project with Alcatel. Lucky, I know! I was trying to figure out where I would love to stay, somewhere close to be able to explore a great part of the city, somewhere that I could photograph really well and somewhere I could recommend to you guys wholeheartedly when I came home. Now I don't mean to brag, but well, yes I do….Baixa House is categorically the most incredible place I have ever had the pleasure of calling home for the weekend. I don't even know where to begin.

From the very first string of email communication I knew that the owners and curators of this extraordinary place would make me feel like it was home. It's a refurbished 18th Century building with the highest ceilings and most enchanting interior. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor, fully equipped with spiral staircase (as well as a lift, I took the lift!). The interior was cool, minimal and a beautiful nod to Portuguese heritage.

Inside the apartment there is everything you could need. A roof terrace for breakfast, somewhere to play your music and a bathroom fit for at least 5 women to comfortably do their make up! Each morning we woke up to a bag of fresh bread hanging on our door and a fridge with tasty breakfast treats inside.

It's such an incredible location too, we walked everywhere and saw so much of the city. It's absolutely the perfect location whether you have, or haven't been to Lisbon before. The owners are so wonderful too, they couldn't do enough for us. They suggested places to visit and things to do, which were all perfect for us. There's also a book in each room where previous guests have written their recommendations down, so that can be super helpful too.

I don't think I could recommend a place to stay more than at Baixa House. It was honestly like home from home and I'll absolutely be heading back there soon.

You can make a booking by emailing the team on info@baixahouse.com and follow the guys on Instagram @baixahouse for more incredible interior!

Thank you so much for reading and do let me know if you're going!
xx
You may also like:

3 comments

  1. oh my goodness it looks so dreamy! i would love to go there. i would also love to know where that blue gingham top is from ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful, so fresh and crisp.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took your advice and went for a week at Baixa House. Didn't want to come home !

    ReplyDelete

It means so much that you take the time to comment. I read every single one and will reply ASAP. If you would like a super fast answer to anything, you can always tweet me @lindseydholland. Thank you so much! xx

© Ropes of Holland. Design by MangoBlogs.