The Scandinavian Edit with French Connection

Last week, I headed into French Connection HQ London to talk all things minimal and Scandinavian.  I chose a Scandi inspired outerwear look and we went out to shoot some street style and the wonderful Hannah at FCUK interviewed me about how I put myself, my look and my hair/ beauty routines together over coffee and cake, obviously. 
This was one of the most exciting projects I've worked on. In my younger days, ahem, that's longer than you might think…French Connection were my 'party dress' go-to, sequins galore, and to be honest, I've still got a couple that I'll never part with. Fast forward a few years to the cool, minimal, quality of the French Connection brand as it is now, and you'd never know. French Connection has evolved so beautifully, right down to their basics, the quality of the pieces is just incredible. I also got an influx of friends and family sending me a screen shot of my face, in the French Connection newsletter, which was absolutely amazing.

I chose three key pieces to make up this look. I still love a relaxed feel to my style, so when I spotted these velvet track pants, I made them my focus pretty swiftly. They're so comfortable I can't even explain to you….and really easy to style because effectively, they're a basic with something a little special about them. I wanted to try some layering with knitwear and I really love the neck of this grey chunky knit, it splits in the middle so if you're rushing around, as I often am, there's a little ventilation! A good leather jacket is an absolute wardrobe staple, whether its black or oxblood, a biker style leather will never not be on rotation. I love this jacket because it's soft, has great details and I like that it's cropped so you can layer your knitwear and not feel too bundled up.

Hannah and I chatted about how I achieve a minimal look and I thought you might like to know how I tend to work….
-The key is to make done, look undone. Don't try too hard but pay attention to the details. Good basics, minimal design, clean lines. 
-Hair…I always stick to an 'undone' look here too, sea salt spray is my best mate! Use sparingly though, or it'll make your hair sticky.
-Makeup is something that's evolved so much for me over the years. I keep everything neutral, and wear coppery tones on my eyes. I'm a fan of highlighter and lengthening mascara, but no eyeliner.
-Key pieces that should be on rotation in your wardrobe have to be: a leather biker, clean white trainers, a long line coat and some great mid/light wash denim.

You can shop my entire edit over here:

And read my full edit with French Connection on their blog here.

Thank you so much for reading as always. You're amazing you lot!
xx

This post was written in collaboration with French Connection but all opinions are my own.

You may also like:

2 comments

  1. I didnt even realise these were velvet joggers until you said, theyre amazing and they look so smart, not like i would classically expect, fab look!

    Xxx
    www.fashiondew.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I'm dying over those slouchy velvet joggers! Definitely getting those..they might be able to get me out of leggings at home *wink*. Love your style so much, love.

    xoxo - Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete

It means so much that you take the time to comment. I read every single one and will reply ASAP. If you would like a super fast answer to anything, you can always tweet me @lindseydholland. Thank you so much! xx

© Ropes of Holland. Design by MangoBlogs.