Getting techy with the Lenovo Yoga book and Moto Z

Last week I was lucky enough to be invited along to have a day testing out some pretty serious kit with Lenovo with The Apartment. For those of you that don't know a great deal about Lenovo, they're basically one of the underdogs of the tech world; they don't blow their money on advertising or marketing, they put it into what counts, and that's the specifications of each new product release. I was very new to Lenovo when I went along and honestly,  by the time I left, they'd converted me! Not like a cult or anything….just because the products are that incredible.

We arrived for lunch and were introduced to two wonderful teams; one for the Lenovo Yoga Book and the other for the Moto Z phone and Moto Mods.

The Yoga Book is honestly like nothing I've ever seen or experienced before. Sure, it's a tablet, but a tablet that has a 360 degree hinge which allows so much flexibility in terms of use. There's a keypad on one half of the device that can be turned off at any point too. For us, our day was about finding some inspiration through art and creativity so we were shown how to sketch and bring our ideas from paper to screen. You can draw/sketch/write on the tablet itself, and in addition, which blew my mind…you can attach a notepad to the side where the keypad would show, change the mode and draw with pen on the paper, only for it to appear on the screen. Absolutely incredible.

The Yoga Book has four modes: browse, create, type and watch.

Browse mode demonstrates a compact tablet enabling you to save and search for images/inspiration.

Create mode offers the best drawing experience available on a tablet. It allows you to draw with one hand and select a variety of different tools with the other and it comes with different nibs too.

Type mode takes you from simple tablet to a mini laptop, so if old habits die hard and you prefer a type pad, then this doubles up wonderfully.

Watch mode means that the 360 degree hinge comes in nicely here. You can stand the tablet up in a 'tent' shape to view the work you have done and even replicate it onto a blank canvas.

In addition to the Yoga Book, we were given the opportunity to document our day with a Moto Z phone and snap-on Hasselblad True Zoom Moto Mod. I don't know where to begin with this phone because it is just SO INCREDIBLE. Let's start with the Mods; the clip on extras that make this camera so darn smart.
Interchangeable Style Shells: Tailored to suit your style, in a wide range of colours and textures
Battery: Added 22 hour charge with the charger mod
Hasselblad true zoom: 10 x optical zoom, flash and all around hero product
JBL Soundboost speaker: Music is my vice, and the snap on JBL speaker is honestly incredible

Let's go back to the battery life; 30 hours as standard. How amazing is that though really, especially when we're all so obsessed with our phones, and/or have them surgically attached to us at all times. The team pointed out that we'd never be caught with extra cables from portable chargers hanging out of our pockets! Imagine going to a festival with 30 hours in your pocket, THEN popping the Incipio Offgrid Power Pack Mod on and making it 52 hours. Dream!

My absolute favourite feature on the Moto Z though, has got to be the Insta-share projector. On the back of the phone is what looks like the standard camera, but it projects anything you could think of, onto walls, ceilings etc. That's basically a big screen TV, in your pocket. The quality is amazing too. I could happily watch endless Planet Earth 2 on it!

For the next part of our day, we headed to the Royal Academy of Art in London to draw inspiration from the Expressionism exhibition, so we took our Yoga Book's and Moto Z complete with the Hasselblad True Zoom Moto Mod to capture anything that inspired us to create our own piece of art later in the day.  The exhibition was beautiful, I don't often visit galleries so it was really special for me! The art was interesting, vibrant and simple, which I loved, and managed to get a feel for what I wanted to paint later on in the day, quite quickly.

Next was to head over to the space where we would put our creativity and inspiration to work using the Yoga Book and Moto Z phone, to paint it onto a blank canvas. We arrived to a beautiful light space, each kitted out with painting apparatus. I haven't painted since I was at school so it was very novel and also very therapeutic! I sketched my idea first, onto the Yoga Book, in create mode, using the paper and pen,then popped it onto watch mode so I could keep referring to it as I transferred it onto my blank canvas. Very, very cool.

I'm no monet…but I gave it a good go and it really inspired me to try. The Yoga Book was the perfect companion for channeling creativity and making it easy every step of the way. The Moto Z phone, and especially the Hasselblad True Zoom Moto Mod with its incredible zoom feature took some of the most amazing photo's I've seen that weren't shot on an SLR. And obviously, the battery life stayed strong all day, which really is a selling point for me. I'd go so far as to say that when it's time for my upgrade, I'll be investing in a Moto Z.

I hope you've enjoyed reading all about these two incredible bits of kit- they honestly were amazing to use. Please feel free to ask me any questions about any of the specifications.

xx

All images by Kris Atomic.
You may also like:

Post a Comment

It means so much that you take the time to comment. I read every single one and will reply ASAP. If you would like a super fast answer to anything, you can always tweet me @lindseydholland. Thank you so much! xx

© Ropes of Holland. Design by MangoBlogs.