Staycation: London

This one is for those of you planning a little London stay cation. Even though I live in London, there's always so much more to explore, so here's some of my best bits.

Sleep:

The newest to the Citizen M hotel family, this little gem couldn’t be more well situated for a weekend in London. Think affordable luxury and you’re there.  The Citizen M is one of my favourite hotels. It’s designed incredible well and is really workspace friendly too, but without that corporate feel…in fact, there’s nothing corporate about it. The rooms are small, but what they lack in size, they make up for in a seriously ‘teched out’, free films, mood lighting, streaming from your laptop and an ipad that controls the lot. The rooms boast the biggest, most comfortable bed I’ve ever stayed in., too, which is a big deal for me.
Breakfast is always gorgeous, full English or continental, they just do it so well.


Prices start from £139 per room per night.

Coffee:

I adore Grind. This was the first time I'd been to the Shoreditch one. We walked in and there was some old school R'n'B blaring out and it was such a great vibe. Coffee and brunch is amazing. Must go!
Eat, fancy:


STK are the business. I’ve been to the one in Milan and Las Vegas and they’re pretty fantastic. Perfect for a special occasion. Always get steak! The staff were incredible, and recommended the best sides and wine pairing. The atmosphere here is really upbeat, especially at the weekend.

Eat, reasonable:


What a restaurant this is. Incredible interior and a menu that’ll knock your socks off . Gorgeous British food that allows you to get stuck in to sharing plates or have a large main. As always, we ordered way too much and could barely walk afterwards…it was the crumble that got me. Staff are wonderful and super helpful too. Try the non-alcoholic lemonades….in addition to your wine of course!

Shop:
Redchurch Street

Head to Redchurch Street in Shoreditch and I promise you, you can’t go wrong. Mens and women’s shopping for the style conscious, and those looking for something that’s opposite to high street!
My favourite is Modern Society.


I hope you've enjoyed reading this little guide to some of my favourite London spots! If you have any other questions at all- please get in touch.

xx
You may also like:

Post a Comment

It means so much that you take the time to comment. I read every single one and will reply ASAP. If you would like a super fast answer to anything, you can always tweet me @lindseydholland. Thank you so much! xx

© Ropes of Holland. Design by MangoBlogs.